Search

Concentrate Information

Learn more about how and why we produce gold/copper concentrate

Concentrate Information

Concentrate Information

Acacia operates three gold mines in Tanzania: Bulyanhulu, Buzwagi and North Mara. Due to the rock formations at Bulyanhulu and Buzwagi, these mines produce both gold/silver bars (doré) and a concentrate which contains gold, silver and copper. The sales of the gold/copper concentrate account for approximately 50% of the combined revenues of Bulyanhulu and Buzwagi and 30% of group revenues.

Within the concentrate the gold accounts for 90% of the value, with the copper and silver accounting for the remaining 10% of the value. This is despite the percentage of gold within the concentrate being around 0.02% on average.

On March 3rd 2017, the export of the gold/copper concentrates from Tanzania was stopped by Presidential directive. This page is designed as an education resource which will provide all of the information Acacia has distributed regarding why we produce concentrate, the process of production and what involvement the Government have in the process.

How and why do we produce gold/copper concentrates?

View English Version

View Swahili Version 

Mining to smelting - gold/copper concentrates in detail

View English Version

View Swahili Version

Response to allegations on gold/copper concentrate exports

View English Version

View Swahili Version

Responses from the ELT to our people’s key questions

View Q & A, April, 2017 (English Version)

View Q & A, April, 2017 (Swahili Version)

View Q & A, May, 2017 (English Version)

View Q & A, May, 2017 (Swahili Version)

Video explaining the production process of gold/copper concentrate

Watch video

Concentrate Loading Process - Photos