Acacia Mining plc ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on or otherwise communicating with us via our website. This may include any information you give us in relation to a career enquiry or any comment you may submit concerning our website;
- if you contact us by other means, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our site and any resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
View more information on our cookie use and how to disable them
Where we process your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is never guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any such information is transmitted at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to endeavour to prevent unauthorised access to, loss of or damage to your data, but such measures can also never totally guarantee that such events will not happen.
Uses made of the information
We will use information held about you only in furtherance of our business interests, including the processing of applications for positions of employment, considering comments submitted to us in relation to our website or other information we have provided.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if Acacia Mining plc is, or substantially all of our assets are, acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will or may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees or our business. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of the detection or prevention of fraud or other kinds of criminal activity.
We will comply with any request you may make to see the information that we hold about you, pursuant to your rights under any relevant legislation. Any such request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, including our affiliated companies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.